Think about the perfection in God’s creation. Imagine the sweet humming of birds in the forest. Picture the cool flow of water down the river on a beautiful, quiet evening. What about the artistry, precision, and beauty that God put into you as His beloved creature?
God created you. How are you treating His creation? Do you take good care of yourself in reverence to Him?
Living a healthy lifestyle means taking care of yourself both physically and spiritually and being mindful of others as a representative of Christ on Earth.
The Bible says,
“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”1 Corinthians 6:19–20
There are more than 5,000 promises in the Bible.
Promises God wants to give you personally!
Subscribe to daily BIBLE promise and get the first one tomorrow. IT’S FREE!
START YOUR DAY WITH GOD
Subscribe and get one short prayer every morning on your email – FREE!
You were created in the image of God. How you treat your body can either bring Him glory or dishonor His glorious name.
How Can You Keep Yourself Healthy?
You can show honor and glory to God by living a healthy lifestyle.
- Be modest in how you dress. Present yourself in a way that prioritizes God’s glory over self-gratification.
- Eat healthy food to protect and nourish the good health that God has given you.
- Stay away from drugs and other substances since this might ruin your life forever.
- Exercise regularly to keep your body and mind in good shape. Exercise will keep you fit, strong, and ready to serve God wherever you’re called.
- At work, recognize that your job is a gift from God. Approach each daily task as an opportunity to glorify God before your employer and coworkers who know you as a Christian. Be an example to them by doing your best in everything, being honest in all your financial dealings, and striving continually to improve the quality of your work.
- Be prayerful. Care for your soul as well as your body. Acknowledge God in all your ways, and He will show you the right way. He will be your pillar of strength and an unwavering support in time of need.
- Try not to be subdued by stress and depression. Give them over to God instead. Through your prayers, give God a chance to intervene and bear your burdens. When things seem darkest, remember a brighter day is on its way through God’s grace and for His glory.
Why Should You Live a Healthy Lifestyle?
1. Your Body is God’s Temple
As a created being, your body is the temple of God. The Holy Spirit lives in you. Treat your body and soul with the reverence and respect you would show to anything else God made in His own image.
DO YOU WANT TO BE NOTIFIED?
When we publish something new, you will be the first one to know about it.
2. To Be An Example
On the journey of life, other people will look to you for encouragement, inspiration, and an example of how to better their lives. Be a living example of Christ through your daily actions, whether anyone sees you or not. In this way, you not only serve God but you also inspire others to honor Him and experience His goodness.
3. For God’s Glory
In 1 Corinthians, the Bible says:
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”1 Corinthians 10:31
You were created by God to glorify Him. This is your primary purpose here on Earth and in heaven. So care for your body and live a healthy lifestyle, because God’s creation is precious.