Have you ever felt that God let you down? Maybe because something didn’t work out as planned, or you encountered a bad situation?
Sometimes life offers believers a bitter pill, leaving them wondering whether God really cares or if He is really as merciful as the Bible says. At such times, holding onto your faith becomes a struggle, praying becomes a burden, and trusting God feels almost impossible. What can you do when God seems to be a million miles away?
Trust God and Praise Him
Deuteronomy 31:6 says:
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”Deuteronomy 31:6
This verse is clear affirmation from God that we are called to trust in Him no matter the circumstance. He is always with us, even until the end of time.
There are more than 5,000 promises in the Bible.
Promises God wants to give you personally!
Subscribe to daily BIBLE promise and get the first one tomorrow. IT’S FREE!
START YOUR DAY WITH GOD
Subscribe and get one short prayer every morning on your email – FREE!
The purest form of believing in God is to praise Him, even when it feels counterintuitive. Praise releases God’s power, so praise Him in spite of the pain around you, give Him thanks during moments of trial, trust Him to deliver you when you’re tempted, surrender your all to Him while you’re suffering, and wholeheartedly love Him, even when He seems distant.
It’s easy to say, but how do you surrender and worship God when you are struggling and God seems silent?
What Should You Do When God Seems Distant?
- Reflect on all that God has already done in your life. Jesus gave up everything for you to have everything. He died on the cross for you to live forever. That alone is enough reason to give Him thanks and praise in all situations. He’s already given you the greatest gift—there’s nothing He won’t do for you.
- Read the Bible. God’s word has solutions to any issue that may affect you. Making time to study it will nourish your spirit and build you spiritually, and your faith in Him will grow daily.
- Pray that God will give you strength and help you win in all your battles. Remember that when you kneel before God, you can overcome any adversity, no matter how big it is.
- Seek God’s counsel and confide in fellow believers. Together you can seek the face of God through prayer and intercession. God’s word says that when two or three people gather to worship Him, He is there among them to fulfill the desires of their hearts.
- Think positive, even if your situation seems bleak. No matter how bad things may be, God can restore everything back to the desired order.
4 Ways We Know We Can Trust God
1. God is faithful and keeps His Word.
God is faithful in His word. He will fulfill every promise He has for you at the appointed time in your life. All you have to do is trust Him.
Hebrews 10:23 says:
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”Hebrews 10:23
2. He will never forsake you.
In all circumstances, God is by your right hand, ready to guide you out of your troubles and give you rest.
This is affirmed in Isaiah:
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”Isaiah 41:10
3. God understands your needs better than you do.
Whenever you feel down, remember that God is with you. He understands the pain you are going through. Hold onto your faith in God, and in the fullness of time, He will give you victory.
Psalm 139 says:
“You know when I sit and when I rise; You understand my thoughts from afar, you search out my path and my lying down, You are aware of all my ways even before a word is on my tongue, You know all about it, O LORD.”Psalms 139:2–4
DO YOU WANT TO BE NOTIFIED?
When we publish something new, you will be the first one to know about it.
4. Nothing Is Impossible with God
God created heaven and earth through His commands. He made the fish in the sea and the birds in the air. Is there anything too hard for Him? Definitely not!
God’s word confirms this in the Book of Luke:
“For with God nothing will be impossible.”Luke 1:37
God values you and your spirituality. In every desert of hopelessness, despair, and calamity, He will be your oasis of hope, strength, and victory. Call on His name today. He will be your anchor of hope whenever you reach out to Him.